[aprssig] Great example of a path

aa8ei at cinci.rr.com aa8ei at cinci.rr.com
Tue Oct 19 18:54:40 EDT 2004

Actually, Jason, the email address was unknown, and often hams don't put
the email address on QRZ. BUT - the school can easily be found by phone,
and once the phone number is known, the proper person contacted.

You did the exact correct thing. You did the search, found the email
address, and contacted the necessary party. But if you had no email
address, the next best option was likely the phone call. Probably the best
option is a followup phone call to address any other questions that the ham
might not know enough to frame.  By chatting about his station, you might
uncover additional help you can give.

In any case, a response was required, not just complaints on the sig.
Several people responded, including the person who contacted the guy by
phone. Good work.

That takes care of one of the sources of problems. Now, go on to solve the
rest of them (I remember at least two, but the subject comes up often).

As I said, it probably will require and Elmer locally to do the assistance
in a way that gets results. You successfully Elmer'd the situation from a
distance. Congratulations.

73
Tony