[aprssig] HF works

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Sun Oct 17 12:51:09 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>
To: <ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au>; <andrew at tech-software.net>
Cc: <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2004 8:07 AM
Subject: [aprssig] HF works

>>I think HF [APRS] packet is great. Especially in such
>>a country as Australia with such open spaces.
>>...I think we take HF for granted.
>
> Actually, its the only thing left that HAMS have that just
> anyone cannot go buy at the local electronics store.
>
> I helped with JOTA (Jamboree on the air) yesterday and
> it was good to see HF alive and well!
>
> de WB4APR, Bob

I wished more hams on HF would, during exercises or events to give NVIS a
try and start implementing it's use all over the Country for Emergency use.
The concept works so well and the system works so good in most cases, they'd
suprise themselves...without running high power and with a bunch less noise
and QRM.

Jim, WA6OFT