[aprssig] D7

bpsmicro.com lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Fri Oct 15 08:02:27 EDT 2004

You *can* monitor two different frequencies on the same band, but it can be
a bit confusing.
For example, if you're using it in MR (memory) mode, and you have your 'B'
side pointing at channel 1, which is a 2m frequency, it'll work fine
(regardless of what your 'A' side is doing). But if you hit the channel
up/down buttons to scroll through the channels, it will *only* hit the 2m
ones, and skip over the 70cm ones. Same holds if you hold MR to go into
scanning mode.
If you decide you want to use the 70cm channels, you need to manually select
one (MR, ENT, ch #). So you can select channel 20 (for example), which is a
70cm frequency, and it'll switch right over. Now up/down/scan will *only*
show the 70cm channels.

In VFO mode, you can also enter both 2m, both 70cm or one of each.

What you *can't* do is *scan* both 2m & 70cm on either side. That's what the
original query was.

Brad.
VE3BSM