[aprssig] DigiTraveller questions

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Mon Oct 11 14:20:59 EDT 2004

I think the almanac messages are repeated very regularly (like a few times a
minute)...  Each satellite also transmits all of the other satellite's data at
a much lower rate... in 24 minutes.  So if you can only see one bird, it will
take 24 minutes to get the data for all of them.  If you could see 12 of the
satellites, you could get the data from all 12 of them at a time in probably
less than one minute.

Now I'll just sit back and wait for Gerry to correct me!
Wes