[aprssig] DigiTraveller questions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Oct 11 14:13:03 EDT 2004

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Earl Needham wrote:

>          You mean the DigiTraveller has to reload the almanac every time
> it's powered down?
>
>          Isn't there a provision for a backup battery somewhere?  I have to
> admit, I haven't looked at the thing much.

Not sure.  I bought six of the darn things, of which I have five
left.  If the specs say that cold start takes 15 minutes or so, then
the answer is yes.  If they say 5 minutes or less, the answer is no.

I just remember that with my Trimble SV6 boards I had to add a
lithium battery holder and battery in order to get reasonable times,
as they would otherwise start from scratch each time I powered them
up.