[aprssig] MEPIS and mapping programs

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Oct 9 14:11:27 EDT 2004

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Joe Della Barba wrote:

> I am aware that I need a hard drive, but still to burn a CD and then pop it
> in what  up to now has been a non-working no hard-drive machine and be web
> browsing 5 minutes later was pretty amazing.
> Anyway, Fugawi, OzieExplorer, and various Nobletech software packages all
> are designed for marine navigation. I am hoping there is some Linux
> equivalent.

Let us know what features we're missing for marine nav and we'll see
if we can add them in the coming years.  Or anyone with a bit of
C-knowledge could do it and send us patches.

We can use a large variety of map formats, so if you have free
marine map data it's likely that we can either use it directly or
convert it to one of our supported formats.

You can do a search on SourceForge for other mapping/nav programs,
plus Google might yield some useful results as well.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer