[aprssig] aprsd doesn't work with Fedora?

APRS SIG aprssig at w9if.net
Thu Oct 7 00:02:05 EDT 2004

Sean,

Thank you, I got aprsd running thanks to you. I didn't realize the aprsd
project was moved to sourceforge.org or that there was a new version
available. The installation and start procedure has changed a lot.

The doc directory has old documentation. In fact, it gives incorrect
information. Perhaps you can answer these two questions.

How are you "starting" aprsd. In the past I ran it as a daemom process
starting it as a "service" automatically on power up. The new syntax is
aprsd -d. Did you put yours in "rc.local" to start it upon power up?

Is there a standard directory location for aprsd. The install script put
the binary in /usr/local/bin by default. I saw no documentation where to
put it after the compile. The old aprsd put everything in /home/aprsd2.

Rich, W9IF