[aprssig] Re: APRS in Puerto Rico

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Oct 5 15:10:46 EDT 2004

I think APRS should be ideal on Puerto Rico.
I am posting this to the APRSSIG to see
if anyone knows of an APRS VHF freq
in PR...  Bob

>>> "Jeff and Amanda" <meinja at caribe.net> 10/5/04 12:48:15 PM >>>
Dear Mr. Bruninga,
My name is Jeff and call is KB2QXA.  I recently moved to Puerto Rico,
and I can't find any information if there is APRS in PR. I don't here
anything on 144.390.  I am very interested in APRS.  Is it feasable or
practical to have it in PR?  The island is roughly 35 miles wide by 140
miles long, rectangular in shape.  They already have a lot of 2M
repeaters linked together, and a lot of very high hills here.  Would
APRS be good here?  It is in a hurricane region, and weather watches
would be good (I think) using APRS.  Thanks for any advice!
73>>
Sincerely,
Jeffrey Mein  KB2QXA