[aprssig] Fundamental APRS capacity

Christensen, Eric Harlan CHRISTENSENE at MAIL.ECU.EDU
Mon Oct 4 11:46:57 EDT 2004

Jim,
Can you explain this further?

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn at amsat.org
http://www.ericsatcom.net

AMSAT Member: 35360
Project OSCAR Member

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org] On Behalf Of Spider
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 09:09
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Fundamental APRS capacity

>         2.  I notice that when I look at
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=KD5XB-2 (to get the nearest

> 40 stations), a number of those stations are in Amarillo, but we don't

> have a path to Amarillo.  How do we adjust for this?  Surely I'm not
> the only one in the country in this situation.  (I guess the algorithm

> Bob posted operates on packets received, right?)
>
>         7 3
>         Earl
>

> Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico  DM84jk

Earl, you have to consider way more than this ALOHA concept when working

with Radio.  You have to take in the fundamentals of
Amateur Radio (actually any radio)...something I think the ALOHA concept

totally fails to do.

I think Hams, need to go back and ask themselves just what are the
fundamental of operating Amateur Radio.  There, you will find the
answers.

73

Jim, WA6OFT