[aprssig] Fundamental APRS capacity

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Mon Oct 4 09:08:45 EDT 2004

>         2.  I notice that when I look at
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=KD5XB-2 (to get the nearest 40
> stations), a number of those stations are in Amarillo, but we don't have a
> path to Amarillo.  How do we adjust for this?  Surely I'm not the only one
> in the country in this situation.  (I guess the algorithm Bob posted
> operates on packets received, right?)
>
>         7 3
>         Earl
>

> Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico  DM84jk

Earl, you have to consider way more than this ALOHA concept when working
with Radio.  You have to take in the fundamentals of
Amateur Radio (actually any radio)...something I think the ALOHA concept
totally fails to do.

I think Hams, need to go back and ask themselves just what are the
fundamental of operating Amateur Radio.  There, you will find the answers.

73

Jim, WA6OFT