[aprssig] SolarPC Announces the $100 Personal Computer

WB4GQK at aol.com WB4GQK at aol.com
Mon Nov 29 07:03:27 EST 2004

On 11/28/04 10:55:32 PM
Gerry wrote:

>The Via Epia chipset and processors have proven pretty rugged and useful
>in some of the things I've done so far.

>http://www.mini-box.com/site/index.html is a good place to start, as is
>'Google' with a search for 'mini itx'

>gerry n5jxs

Hi all,

I had my EPIA Mini-ITX running exactly one year ago. I permanently mounted it
in my sailboat last June. The XYL and I did a test run first from Tampa Bay
to Dry Tortugas, anchoring overnight and playing a movie in the installed DVD
player! FANTASTIC

I agree with everything Gerry says it is a great tough mobile PC. Keep in
mind it is in a salt water environment and unless we go out for a sail it only
gets turned on for a couple of hours once a week during maintenance.

73 de Jim wb4gqk