[aprssig] New find.cgi mockup

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Nov 24 17:16:45 EST 2004

I did a little Javascript function that implemented a launch countdown timer
for Vandenberg's launch schedule site - all the available code I found
assumed the user's clock to be accurate and in the same time zone, so that
didn't help.  The code I came up with had a server-side part that would tell
the client-side code what the current time at the server was, so it could
calculate the difference between the client and server clocks.  Worked
pretty well, with the countdown being within a few seconds, depending on how
long the page took to load.  Unfortunately not many launches had concrete,
published t-zero times to work with, and after 9-11 it's even worse.  Not
sure what I did with that code snippet...

Scott
N1VG