[aprssig] Default find.cgi scale

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Mon Nov 15 12:39:31 EST 2004

On 11/15/04 at 10:48 AM James Jefferson Jarvis <jj at aprsworld.net> sent:

>So if the owner of findu or it's users want better response time then the
>responsibility to get new hardware falls on their shoulders. I'll donate my
>time and resources to get it running and host it.

I fear from this that Jim took my posting as a critism, but it most definitely
was not intended that way. The APRSWorld server has been of enormous benefit to
me in the time since the MapBlast maps went away. That was why I gave him the
old computer (if I wasn't clear Jim, it was not a loan) to use in his efforts.
I'm most sorry if my post was misinterpreted.

I took the action of decreasing the maps displayed on findU because I saw it was
a problem, and because I knew Jim did not have the time or resources to throw
more hardware at the problem, I was trying to optimize the resources that were
available.

So please Jim, accept this apology, I was not complaining about your or your
services in any way, shape, or form.

Steve K4HG