[aprssig] Standard 2400 baud AFSK tones?

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Nov 11 01:39:34 EST 2004

Yeah, I know about those... 2400 baud AFSK seems to be kind of an oddball
mode, and most of what I can find on it suggests that it was mostly a result
of people overclocking regular Bell 202 TNCs based on the TCM3105.  If I
wasn't using it, I'd try it on my KPC-3 for kicks - I've got a few of the
appropriate crystals around.

2400 baud MSK would probably be more useful, and more likely to work over
your average voice radio.  I think some commercial ANI schemes use it, but I
don't have anything on hand that'll decode it.  There's not any particular
requirement for 2400 baud, I'm mostly just curious if it'll work... and if
it's compatible with AGWPE, it'd give folks something else to play with.

Scott
N1VG