[aprssig] RS on expedition, but non ham?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Nov 9 18:57:41 EST 2004

I don't know what Iridium offers for data services, but Orbcomm has some
useful offerings.  The mobile ground station is a 5-watt transmitter
operating at 148 to 150.05 MHz - I think the uplink is 1200 baud, not sure
of the modulation format.  The antenna requirements would be very similar to
PCSAT.  A number of resellers offer AVL services.

Scott
N1VG