[aprssig] Firenet F5RVX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Nov 4 11:38:39 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, hasan schiers wrote:

> Tnx for finding it Curt!
> Inevitable that somethings like this will happen from time to time.
> The list of other such events is long and distinguished for each of the aprs
> clients.
> No biggie...it sure was a shock, though, and really appreciate you getting
> on top of it so quickly.

It's an interesting bug that caused it.  I've now duplicated the
problem myself (using two Xastir's hooked back-to-back, no internet
servers involved in the test) and proven what causes it, so it can
now be fixed.  I'll try to have that done today and dump out a new
development snapshot for people to snag, or people can update via
CVS which is even easier.

It's amazing nobody saw this before, as it appears to be a
long-standing bug in the code.

Thanks for pointing it out, and the poor guy in France that got
temporarily blamed for it appears none the worse for wear.  I talked
to him quite a bit yesterday as he was helping me diagnose the
problem.

Thanks to Pete for providing the final clue that tied it all
together.  He saved me a bunch of time by one of his observations.