[aprssig] Re: Alinco DR-135T (TNC) Resetting

M. Schneider msokla at brightok.net
Tue Nov 2 13:43:18 EST 2004

Jeff, I've had this problem with my DR-135, and did a little experimenting.
To make a long story short, I found that if you have the radio connected to
a constant power source (in my case it's wired directly to the vehicle
battery), and use the port on the back of the radio (connected to an
ignition-switched 12 volt power source) to turn the radio on and off, then
the problem goes away.  Or if you have the radio wired to the constant power
source but must turn it on and off using the front panel power switch, take
the radio out of APRS mode first, then turn it off.  A constant power source
seems to be a must, it seems the minute you lose power to the radio the
internal TNC can get "stupid".

Hope this helps,
Mark Schneider - K5MAR