[aprssig] Alinco DR-135T (TNC) Resetting

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Tue Nov 2 09:09:55 EST 2004

I have an Exide Gel Cell Marine Orbital Deep Cycle in my truck and my D700
won't reset anymore when I turn the key.  A bigger battery could definitely
help the problem.   My D700 is also to the battery.  I think the electrical
entrance to the switched power on vehicles is smaller (as is the case on
mine anyway).  It's not going to draw much power if it's off with the
vehicle off, so direct to the battery seems to have helped my problems.  A
power spike could definitely nuke the config as could low current conditions.

I have the DR135TP, but unfortunately it's for the K1XVM I-Gate so I don't
have a whole lot of insider knowledge using the radio in a mobile
configuration.  I do quite like the radio though..   I regret that I didn't
get the 635 because then I could use it for other things as well as the
IGate.  Doh.

You could also try calling ATOC/Alinco and asking.  When I bought the
DR135TP and it was missing a TNC even though the model was proper, I called
and they helped me out to work with the vendor to get another that had one.

--Droo, K1XVM