[aprssig] Re: Worst Path of the Day

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Nov 1 01:45:08 EST 2004

At 10:59 AM 10/27/2004, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> >> "This position arrived at FINDU via a path that is too long and
> >> considered in appropriate on the APRS RF system."
>
> >Path is too long for where?   A path that's too long for Seattle
> >is appropriate and necessary in Montana.   It's a regional problem.
>
>Then fix the regional problem by adding an IGate (trivial to do)
>between every 3rd digi.  With the mountains out there, I find
>it hard to believe that it would not be easy to have an
>IGate within 3 hops of every digi in the state..

         Sorry I'm so late on this one, I was on the road for a while --

         Bob, my area can have as many as five hops between USERS, much
less IGATES.  It's a simple matter (relatively speaking) to put up a digi
on some isolated mountain, but it's nowhere near as simple to get an IGATE
in an area where there are no users.

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico  DM84jk