[aprssig] "Emergency!" test convention?

Charlie Rahe crahe at infionline.net
Thu Jul 22 20:07:37 EDT 2004

Jim-

I have just installed a new Icom M602 and I'd be interested in the procedure you
used to test your DSC with the USCG.

Also wondering were you do your boating. We're departing Sat. for a 10 day trip
to Yorktown & Norfolk. Look for AI3L-8.

It'd be nice if the APRS software authors would incorporate plotting of DSC data
into their programs. It appears to me they'd only have to parse the DSC NMEA
strings and plot the positions similar to what I would think they do with the
GPS data.

Thanks, Charlie, AI3L