[aprssig] "Emergency!" test convention?

wes at johnston.net wes at johnston.net
Wed Jul 21 12:16:35 EDT 2004

It is really a shame that 2 of the 8 mic-e message types weren't EMERGENCY and
EMERGENCY TEST.

I'd forgotten about nova scocia (sp?) being on a 1/2 hour offset.  We just need
to specify that a test time needs to be +/-2.5 minutes from the top of the UTC
hour (which would be the bottom of the hour for people on the 1/2hour offset
timezones.)

Wes

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:48:24 -0700, "Scott Miller" wrote:

> While nothing out there uses it yet, OpenTRAC defines a simulated emergency
> flag.  The idea is that you'd configure your client for excercise/simulation
> mode, and it'd respond to the flag as if it were a real emergency (hopefully
> with some visible reminder that you're in simulation mode.)  I don't know if
> there are any more Mic-E status codes available, but that might be one way
> to do it.
>
> I think a quiet time is a bad idea.  If you're going to do it, make it only

ham callsign: kd4rdb
find me: http://wesvan.zapto.org