[aprssig] D700A gps interface problem

vxaprs at juno.com vxaprs at juno.com
Mon Jul 19 20:26:20 EDT 2004

All of my gps (Deluo, garmin II+ and garmin eMap) all have serial cables to 9-pin DIN that I connect to the Kenwood cable (9-pin DIN to 3-pin sub stereo jack). All the Deluo units work fine this way on the older D700A, but none work with the new one. Both garmins work fine with this setup on both the old and the new.
BOB/k4mut

-- "KENT HUFFORD" <khufford at comcast.net> wrote:
Well.... I don't hook up a GPS to the D700 serial port.

I plug the GPS into the three pin sub stereo jack

I plug the PC into the serial jack.

Kent
KQ4KK

How can the D700 work with plugging the GPS into the serial port?