[aprssig] Re: More thoughts on Connected Packet -telpac_node

Richard Amirault ramirault at erols.com
Wed Dec 29 12:47:13 EST 2004

There was also the TCPIP "flavor" of packet.  More than once (back in the
old days) I downloaded a computer "packet" program only to discover it was
TCPIP, not "regular" packet. This was completely useless to me.  Eventually
I found and a 'regular' packet program I liked and used for years (Lan-Link)
I finally gave up on 'regular' packet for other reasons, but in addition to
what Bob mentions isn't there still DX spotting on packet?

PS. One of the "bad" things I found about packet was that it was hard to
learn about packet from anyplace other than packet itself ... and most of
those places (in my area at least) were way outdated.

Richard Amirault              N1JDU
Boston, MA, USA          Go Fly A Kite