[aprssig] More thoughts on (was) Connected Packet

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 28 12:25:11 EST 2004

>...using MFJ or TNC-2 type clones...has a basic pms/ bbs built in.
> just the radio and tnc.

Or just use the internal BBS in every Kenwood APRS radio
and it even works at 9600 baud!  But then if it was set to
9600, It wouldnt then also work at the same time for APRS,
so probably not the way to go.

And of course, we dont want any of this on 144.39.  We want
a parallel system on another channel.  I believe 441.000 was
the national UHF packet channel...  Maybe that is where
we need to focus our efforts?

When you park your car, just QSY the TNC over to 441.00
and your radio's PBBS would CAPTURE any MAIL from the local
BBS.  I think the Kenwood would accept mail forwarding?

 Bob