[aprssig] Parallel UHF APRS lewvel-4 node system.

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Tue Dec 28 11:33:20 EST 2004

Drew Baxter wrote:

> Why not 222mhz where there's virtually no channel loading?  :)  I
> don't think there's a run on unused frequencies in that section.
>
> --Droo, K1XVM

222 is probably the best band I've ever run packet on.  Again, the
difficulty is in the cost of 222 equipment compared to 144 or even 430
equipment.  As for unused frequencies, that is a problem on almost every
band in Southern California.  It is near impossible to put up a repeater
on 2m, 220, or 440 anymore.  We have had issues with proposed UHF APRS
frequencies in the past because they have always been in the 440 band
and on a .025 or .050 or .075 channel.  We are 20khz now.  I'm not
trying to suppress the effort, I'm just realizing how difficult it will
be to nationalize additional channels!

73
Phil - AD6NH
http://www.aprsca.net