[aprssig] Parallel UHF APRS lewvel-4 node system.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 28 11:29:25 EST 2004

Hate to be a nay-sayer, but the only way this will possbily
work is to use what people have.  In that sense, 2m is also
good for normal packet as well as UHF.  Just check out what
is still alive in your area and what you can to do get it back up...
Bob

Earl Needham wrote:

>> But putting up a second TNC at all APRS sites with a "NODE"
>> on a common UHF frequency would be a fantastic way to
>> support one-time-as-needed connections between users to
>> meet the real computer-to-computer needs of users.
>

>         I'd like to see them on 1.2 or higher, with perhaps a 19200
> data rate.
>
>         Earl

And I'd love to see 1.2 radios become more affordable!  900 might be an

option as well if the older commercial radios can be tuned and modified

to accept 19k2.

73
Phil - AD6NH
http://www.aprsca.net