[aprssig] Rush Limbaugh talking about APRS / GPS

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Mon Dec 27 12:51:09 EST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Alton wrote:

> The fellow filling in for Rush today, right this moment is talking about the
> cultural implications of commercial GPS logging and wireless applications
> used as "teenager trackers", "spouse trackers", and the intrusiveness when
> it is being used without the knowledge of others to snoop on them.

<sarcasm>
I'm guessing they're against it, unless they could use it against the
Clintons.
</sarcasm>

> Too bad those hams who invented the concept aren't getting any royalties for
> all the non-amateur applications that are spring up all over the place like
> OnStar.

Well, that'd be great.  On the other hand I look at the stuff we're
accomplishing without the overhead of royalties and can't complain.

Sean...

--
The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's