[aprssig] Network outage tomorrow: First.aprs.net, findu2

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Dec 26 22:55:24 EST 2004

There's a scheduled network outage tomorrow in the campus network
segment where first.aprs.net and findu2.aprs.net reside.  Scheduled time
is from 1900 UTC 27 DEC 2004 thru 0100 UTC 28 DEC 2004.  We anticipate
downtime to be considerably less (less than 2 hours) as we replace
routers for that part of Texas A&M's campus, but the production network
group has elected to be cautious and give themselves 12 hours in case
something goes wrong.

When it's all said and done, the lab in which these systems reside will
have a shiny new gigabit connection to the world.

Sorry for the potential inconvenience.

73, gerry n5jxs
Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.847.8578
Page: 979.228.0173