[aprssig] Weather data format problem

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 01:48:48 EST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:35:05 -0600, AB9FX <ab9fx at aprs.pl> wrote:

> > According to the APRS spec on the TAPR website
> > (Chapter 12, page 64, dated 29Aug 2000), temperatures
> > below zero are expressed with a negative sign in front
> > of them, so my temp is being reported correctly on
> > APRS.
>
> I think there should be three digits for temperature. If below zero as -01
> to -99 not -1

Andy is correct -

On page 64 it also says "Temperatures below zero are expressed as -01
to -99".  The 0 is necessary according to the spec.

If you look at my raw data
(http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/raw.cgi?call=kb0kqa&time=1) you will see
that my negative values, when they are single digit negatives, are
reported by xastir as -07 instead of -7.  Right now the temps are in
the double digit negatives (burr) so you'll have to look back a little
bit in the raw data.

73 - Matt