[aprssig] limiting user saturation

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Dec 21 14:09:24 EST 2004

Just me daydreaming here, but wouldn't it be slick if we had a digipeater that
was smart enough to filter the UIFLOOD no dupe timer based on each station's
path?

A guy with one hop would be permitted a packet thru the digi every 30 seconds.

A guy with two hops would be permitted a packet every 60 seconds.

crazy op's with paths like RELAY,WIDE7-7 (8 hops linear, 50'ish in 2dimensional
model), would be restricted to one packet every 10 minutes.

If we could have digipeaters enforce rules like that, you can bet that the user
education side of things would suddenly become effective.

Wes