[aprssig] Packet Radio Tone Generation

James Washer washer at trlp.com
Sat Dec 18 08:20:18 EST 2004

I cannot claim to have written the code yet... but I've been thinking about it so here are my thoughts

2200 will NOT fit nicely at a zero crossing.

The two tones must remain "in phase"... i.e you cannot "jump" to the zero crossing point when you change tones.

Therefore, the best thing to do (IHMO) is to run two clocks, one, generating the correct ramp for the current tone, and another telling you when to change the first timer, and hence, the tone.

 - jim