[aprssig] Possible Error on APRSdigi Rates Recommendations

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Dec 17 15:06:51 EST 2004

Digi Rates error:

I found an error in my recomendations for digi beacon rates:

The BLT 4 used to say "start 00:70:00" but there is no
such thing as 70 minutes so it should be "start 01:10:00"
No one has mentioned this gives an error, so maybe the
KPC-3+ takes the 70 as internally 1 hour, 10 minutes
and works anyway.

Recommended KPC-3+ beacon rate settings:
 HID OFF
 BLT 1    EVERY 00:20:00 START 00:00:00
 BLT 2    EVERY 00:40:00 START 00:10:00
 BLT 3    EVERY 00:80:00 START 00:30:00
 BLT 4    EVERY 02:40:00 START 01:10:00
 LTP 1    APN383
 LTP 2    APN383 VIA WIDE
 LTP 3    APN383 VIA SS2-2        <== for y our STATE or ARRL section
LAN
 LTP 4    APN383 VIA ##LNK3-3 <== for the LINKn-N of which this digi
is
part.

This gives a local direct digi-posit once evey 10 mins
and a 1  hop posit every 20 and a 2 hop posit every
40 minutes and a 3 hop along the LINKn-N system of
which this digi is a part, once every 2 hours and 40 minutes.

This is far better than having HID on and an unproto of
10 minutes over 3 hops which can generate 21 copies
over the entire state every 10 minutes!

de WB4APR, Bob

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

Community email addresses: