[aprssig] BIG-TALL digis that hear FAR too MUCH!

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Tue Dec 14 11:43:59 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> When I suggest moving the output of a BIG-hear-too-much
> digi to UHF, I am not proposing a common UHF freq.  IN
> fact, the opposite.  It should be a locally coordinated
> packet frequency just for this digi.  It will be 100% busy
> anyway, so there is no way to share it like we do 144.39.

I'm not saying we have to share it.  I'm saying, I and I think a few
others would like some pointers on some good freqs to use.  We'd like to
have some ground to stand on if there are problems in terms of
coordination or other reasons to QSY.  I'd rather not step on any toes
doing something like this, giving us some pointers (ie, APRS-WG or with
help from ARRL) would be appreciated.

Again, I don't want to set this up only to find we're going to have to QSY
because we're stepping on someone or it's decided that there should be an
UHF equiv of 144.39 and then everyone has to QSY.

I understand what you're saying.  I'm saying, I won't move forward until
we have some solid ideas on good freqs to use.

Sean...

--
The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's