[aprssig] BIG-TALL digis that hear FAR too MUCH!

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Tue Dec 14 10:32:31 EST 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> As we all know by now, any digi that can hear more than
> about 60 users is definately going to suffer real reliability
> issues for any stations other than the strongest and closest
> (who step all over the weak guys)...
> (not even countiing all the other digis it hears!)

After looking at the page, one of the suggestions was to put part of that
traffic onto UHF.

Do we have a set UHF frequency?  We've discussed this before in the past.
We have an APRS voice calling frequency for UHF IIRC.  However, do we have
a frequency to use for data?  If we don't have a 144.39 equiv UHF then I'm
not ready to start advocating or pushing UHF.  For starters I'd rather
avoid QSY'ing down the road if possible.  Likewise, it'd help to have a
this freq is set aside for UHF APRS, much like 144.39 is.  That way if
there are conflicts there is at least some aspect of coordination.

Sean...

--
The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's