[aprssig] BIG-TALL digis that hear FAR too MUCH!

Bruce & Leigh Coates bruce.coates at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 13 23:06:48 EST 2004

Hi Bob

Are saying that every digi on this list is causing a problem?  If that's the
case, I'm confused.  I looked at the 3 permanent digi's currently in
Saskatchewan which cover a 300km streach of highway and they here a total of
16 stations.  VE5YR-4 is in the middle and of the group and it can only
reach the other two about 10% of the time.  I can understand how digi's
repeating large numers of stations would be causing congestion but I don't
understand how one like VE5YR-4 in the middle of nowhere could be causing
problems.

VE5ADR-4   PHG5850   100  5
VE5RHF     PHG4460   23   11
VE5YR-4    PHG6460   29   1