[aprssig] APRS-SCS

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Sun Dec 12 14:11:52 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Cluster" <rcluster at rgisp.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 11:56 AM
Subject: RE: [aprssig] APRS-SCS

> That capability should be there anyway, whether there is a "switch" or
> not.
> No point in a packet being gated to RF by multiple iGates in the same
> area.
> UI-View32 checks for this and will not gate a packet to RF if it's heard
> that packet on RF.
>
> 73.....Ron.....AC7TK.....(-9 when mobile)

Well that's true to a certain degree.  It's a timing issue.  If two igates
in the same area see the same packet on the IS (destined to be gate to RF in
their area) at the same time, it is likely both will gate the
packet...because neither of them hear the packet on RF.  UI-View does not
deal with this issue.....and I am not sure any of the other one delay a gate
to see if it's heard on RF....I could be wrong about that.

Jim. WA6OFT