[aprssig] Radio Telemetry

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Dec 12 12:41:01 EST 2004

The XR2211 and XR2206 have been used for years in TNCs.  I used them myself
in the development and testing of the OpenTracker.  I seem to remember that
the biggest pain with the XR2206 was the fact that it needed a bipolar power
supply.

I've been thinking of tweaking the OpenTracker code to send ASCII - it could
do baudot, but it'd be very limiting, and a lot more work to implement.
It'd be more an academic excercise than anything, but who knows... maybe
someone wants an HF ASCII weather station or something.

Scott
N1VG