[aprssig] Droping WIDEn-N does work!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Dec 9 21:15:27 EST 2004

>>> "Brian B. Riley" <brianbr at mac.com> 12/9/04 8:48:18 PM >>>
>THIS IS GREAT! I would like to add this here... please
>explain.   If I put in WIDE2-2 and WIDE3-3 into the UIDIGI
>list, the KPC3+ will digi WIDE2-1, WIDE3-1, and WIDE3-2 as
well???????

No, it will ignore those and *only* digi the packet when it
is first heard from a visitng mobile that is using WIDE2-2
or WIDE3-3.  It will digipeat it ONCE as WIDE2-2* or
WIDE3-3*, so that at least the mobile gets heard once.

But in the new n-N paradigm, the standard MOBILE path
should be simply RELAY,WIDE and when you head cross
country on a long interstate you might want to change to
##LNK5-5 for interstate ##.  Remember, a 5-5 on a LNKn-N
system only does 3% of the damage that a WIDE5-5 used
to do...  So it is quite fine with me...

de WB4APR

--
Cheers ... 73 de brian, n1bq, underhill center, vermont