[aprssig] Xastir and a proxy?

Mark A. Lewis mark at siliconjunkie.net
Tue Dec 7 15:57:35 EST 2004

>Do we also need some method of getting the internet connections to work
through a proxy firewall, or do they allow such  >things through as-is?

All depends on where you are and how they do things.

Where I work, we can telnet, ftp and ssh straight out. But, require a
proxy for http/https.

So on my Linux machine here in my office, I can get all the updates in
the world from first.aprs.net but can't see any of the online maps. I
have been tinkering with .wgetrc to pass a proxy to it, and it appears
to work for just wget, but not Xastair. I need to fire up a sniffer and
see what it is doing.