[aprssig] Xastir and a proxy?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Dec 7 12:02:07 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Isn't that used only for web-based proxy's, for browsing?  The HTTP
> in that env variable name is a specific protocol.  Perhaps other
> types of connections use that same environment variable, but that
> seems unlikely.  Xastir doesn't use http protocol for anything.

 WHat protocol does it use when downloading the online maps?  I thought
it was http.  Or does it link to an external program (wget) to do the
routine stuff (why re-invent the wheel?).  So the question might become
"Does wget respect the HTTP_PROXY environment variable?"  Or, "Does xastir
properly pass on the environment variable(s) when invoking other external
programs?"

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin