[aprssig] Xastir and a proxy?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 7 11:54:02 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Mark A. Lewis wrote:

> Is there a way to tell Xastir (on Linux) to use a proxy to fetch maps? I
> have it installed here in the office, but it is kinda bland with no
> maps.

There appear to be answers to your question here:

    http://linuxgazette.net/issue48/tag/27.html

Looks like you can either "socksify" Xastir and recompile it, or
just set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable in your environment to call
out the path to the SOCKS library before all the others so that the
dynamic linking process will catch that library first.

You also have to set up the config file.

Looks like you can redirect your entire Linux box through the SOCKS
firewall that way, without having to recompile anything.  Pretty
cool.

Does that solve your problem?