[aprssig] New FINDU cgi for searching by SYMBOL

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 6 14:30:50 EST 2004

>>> bruninga at usna.edu 12/6/04 1:48:45 PM >>>
>Steve has added a cgi to query FINDU by SYMBOL.
>...Where I think this will be most valuable...is in ... keeping
>track of APRS sub-groups... because APRS has a dozen
>[symbols] that allow OVERLAYcharacters 0-9 and A-Z.
>THus about  432 additional unique symbols. [as follows:]

O#  OVERLAYED DIGI STAR (W,R,T,N,U,D widely used))
O&  Overlayed GATEway         (H = HF, I = IGate)
O0  OVERLAYED CIRCLE
O>  OVERLAYED CAR
OA  OVERLAYED BOX (or square)
OW  OVERLAYED NWS symbol
O^  OVERLAYED Aircraft
O_  OVERLAYED WX site (green digi)
Oa  OVERLAYED WhiteCircle-Diamond   ( A = ARES, etc)
Oc  OVERLAYED BlueCircle-Triangle ( R=RACES)
Oi  BOXn digipeater (w overlay)
On  OVERLAYED TRIANGLE
Os  OVERLAYED SHIP/boat (top view)
Ou  OVERLAYED TRUCK
Ov  OVERLAYED Van

432 symbols to play with if you want to organize them.

Enjoy!
de Wb4APR, Bob