[aprssig] (Ab)Use of APRS for telemetry? Anyone doing it?

Steve Dimse k4hg at tapr.org
Mon Dec 6 11:56:20 EST 2004

On 12/6/04 at 10:19 AM James Jefferson Jarvis <jj at aprsworld.net> sent:

>I see about 35 valid stations sending telemetry coefficients. There's no way
>of determing if they are valid coefficients or not, however.

The last time I looked thee only one sending these were dig-ned, as I recall
they were sending EQNS that were all zeros at that time.

>mysql> select distinct source from telemetry_coefficients;

You don't mention how long you save these, looking at each these for raw data in
last 24 hours:
>+-----------+
>| source    |
>+-----------+
>| 5B7UJ     |no data
>| CS1RLA-4  |no data
>| CT2HPE-3  |digi-ned, a lot of packets, but no unit, eqns, or parm
>| DK5JG-2   |digi-ned single value for temp
>| DL1DWF    |no data
>| EA3GCU-2  |no data
>| EA3GCU-4  |no data
>| EA4CGY-8  |no data
>| EA4E-8    |no data
>| EA4EKH-8  |no data
>| EA4F-8    |no data
>| EA4G-8    |no data
>| EA4HP-3   |no data
>| EA4HP-8   |no data
>| EA4I-8    |digi-ned, a lot of packets, but no unit, eqns, or parm
>| EA4URA-8  |no data
>| EB4BXU-8  |no data
>| ED5ZAA-8  |no data
>| IQ4PI-2   |no data
>| IR4PC-2   |no data
>| M"7UF  &  |bad call
>| MB75J     |no data
>| MB7UF     |no data
>| MB7UJ     |digi-ned, two values roof and heatsink
>| MB7UJ   , |bad call
>| MB7UJ   p |bad call
>| MB7UJ`    |bad call
>| MB7Uk     |no data, probably a bad call
>| ON4VDV-2  |ui-digi, a lot of packets, but no unit, eqns, or parm
>| PE1DNN-2  |no data
>| PI1APA    |APND0X, whatever that is, no unit, eqns, or parm
>| PI1APK    |Interresting packets, but sending all zeros for eqns
>| SR3DGT-15 |digi ?type, a lot of packets, but no unit, eqns, or parm
>| SR3TK-15  |no data
>| TA1DF-9   |no data
>| VK3BYD    |UIV, no unit, eqns, or parm
>| VK3BYD-15 |APZAVR, no unit, eqns, or parm
>| VK3CV-1   |digi ?type, temp, volts, tx
>| VK3KAW-1  |no data
>| VK3REB-1  |digi ?type, a lot of packets, but no unit, eqns, or parm
>| VK3RMD-1  |digi ?type, temp, volts, tx
>| VK3RPG-2  |digi ?type, temp, volts, tx
>| VK5ZTY    |no data

So, out of the list of 35, only 5 have sent valid data in last 24 hours, all are
digis. The last time I asked about this, the digi-ned people said they had their
own software to view the data and needed no support from findU. No one using
these has ever asked me for support.

Personally, I would need to see more users of this format bedore I went to the
effort of adding these beacons coefficients to findU...

Steve K4HG