[aprssig] (Ab)Use of APRS for telemetry? Anyone doing it?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 6 11:02:41 EST 2004

>>> daron at wilson.org 12/5/04 11:55:39 PM >>>
>We use a telemetry circuit board that goes inside the KPC3+
>[for our digis]...  Here is a document detailing [it]... so far,

http://www.ocrg.org/documents/newport/KPC-3+_Telemetry.pdf

Great document.  Using KPC-3+ telemetry is really neat!
Two comments:
1) the RTS line also shows up in the XXXXXXX bits so you can
    actually have two digital inputs in addition to the 5 analog

2) Since we use KPC-3+ telemetry as the basic Telemetry Command
    and control for all our satellites and our LAB satellites we use
    in education, we have two other standard wirings for getting
    all this I/O into and out of the KPC-3:

KPC-3+ on the DB-25 port:
   http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ande/ANDEtlmMODS.gif

KPC-3+ on the  DB-9 gives 4 analog inputs and keeps the DB-25
   free so that its serial port can be easily accessed at same time:
   http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/labsats/LABtncMods.gif

KPC-9612+: http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pec/PC2-TNCmods.bmp

And lastly, our 20 channel multiplexer to expand the 5 channels
into four banks of 5:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ande/ANDEtlm.gif

de Wb4APR, Bob

73
N7HQR at OCRG.ORG

Daron J. Wilson, RCDD          ) )
Telecom Manager               ( (
LH Morris Electric, Inc.       ) )
(541) 265-8067 office       _|****|  mmm!
(541) 265-7652 fax         ( |    |  coffee!
(541) 270-5886 cellular     \|    |
daron.wilson at lhmorris.com    |____|