[aprssig] Authentication over APRS was: Ab)Use of APRS for telemetry? Anyone doing it?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Mon Dec 6 10:51:21 EST 2004

On Dec 6, 2004, at 9:43 AM, James Washer wrote:

> Has anyone else thought about this? Any great ideas?

I don't know about  the great idea part, but one time use passwords is
one option.  down side is that you have to access the station
occasionally to add new passwords (not practical for satellites).

I don't think that using passwords to limit over the air control to
authorized operators is a violation of the spirit of FCC regs; I have
no idea if it violates the letter.

-Jason
kg4wsv