[aprssig] (Ab)Use of APRS for telemetry? Anyone doing it?

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Mon Dec 6 10:17:08 EST 2004

I was referring more to the scheme of sending coefficients and units.
Always seemed to me there had to be an easier way.  And while the xxxxxxxx
binary scheme is easier to read at a glance (for non-geeks especially :)
using hex would save 6 bytes.  For human readability, the scheme is OK when
you're dealing with linear readings.

I haven't seen the KPC-3+'s password-protected I/O feature.  I'll have to
check that out.  Though no TNC I've seen yet has had any kind of strong
authentication.

Scott
N1VG