[aprssig] (Ab)Use of APRS for telemetry? Anyone doing it?

James Washer washer at trlp.com
Sun Dec 5 16:53:16 EST 2004

I see the the APRS spec talks about telemetry via APRS, and I was just wondering it anyone was using this feature. Yes, I realize that posits and WX can be considered telemetry, but I'm talking about other uses of telemetry.

Like sending data back from remote sensors, or controlling stuff ( garage door, gate, lights, water pumps, cat feeder, etc)

Anyone doing anything like this? If so, let me know.

 - jim