[aprssig] Re: APRSpoint and other map sources

Mark A. Lewis mark at siliconjunkie.net
Thu Dec 2 16:45:12 EST 2004

How much space are we talking? I have several spare gigs with good
bandwidth.

> What I'd like to see is a repository for the SDTS contour files,
downloaded off the USGS site onto some other  >server.  Same for any
USGS geoTIFF topo images.  If we had them all available in one spot and
organized nicely, >it'd help a large number of people that are having
trouble getting the ones they need.  The SDTS files are not  >supposed
to be available for free forever.  They're just there now to drum up
interest in the SDTS format.  All >of that data was payed for by U.S.
taxpayers and is free for use, so creating our own download server is
just   >fine.