[aprssig] Why KISS?

Larry Cerney lcerney at viawest.net
Wed Dec 1 20:16:34 EST 2004

Lance,

Thanks for your answer.  Although I knew the added "whistles & Bells" for
the everyday packet user, as you said, and I agree " It doesn't offer any
advantage if all you wish to do is be a digipeater or "normal" node."

>From the lack of responses from the rest of the list I guess no one else
sees KISS as a must have.  So I take it that KISS is just a feature that
some TNC's support, but isn't a big deal.

I think I'll continue to run UI-View in no host mode and let my TNC do its
thing.

Thanks...
73
Larry
K0ANI

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
--Albert Einstein