[aprssig] one wire telemetry

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Aug 31 12:40:39 EDT 2004

>This guy has some way of querying all one wire devices automagically.  It
discovers new devices and polls them... spits out serial data which is
probably suitable for hooking to >a TNC.  He's a ham, so I bet he'd modify
the output to do anything we needed.

Discovering and polling the devices isn't a big deal - I can do that.  But
if you've got a weather station with an indoor temperature sensor and an
outdoor sensor, you've got to tell the unit which is which.  I think the PC
based software basically says 'plug in module X now' and records each ID as
it's added.  As long as you've only got one of each device family, though,
you can start a search_rom, send the family code, and then just echo back
all of the bits you get from the responding unit.

Back to the original subject, what's a good test setup for a 4-20ma current
loop?  Any suggestions for a cheap temperature sensor or something I could
use to try it out?

Scott
N1VG